The Intelligencer September 2, 1915 (page 7)

“War Relic. A very interesting relic of the European war is now on exhibition at Mr. P. Smith’s barber shop, 30 Market Square. It is a British shell which was used at St. Eloi, by the British Artillery which was supporting the Princess Patricia’s Light Infantry. It is the property of Mr. Richard Yatman, 82 Mill street, who recently returned from the front. It is one of the many shells used so effectively against the Germans and is certainly worth seeing.”